- Me - "Hey John, I'm stuck and would love your advice on what colors to use to paint these models. Check these out, how would you paint them up"
- John - "These look good. You know lots of insects like beetles and ants have different markings and many different colors. You should look those up and use the colors from them"
- Me - (thinking huh, I just wanted a color scheme) "Cool, that sound good. What color's would you use?"
- John - "I'd go online and look up different insects until I found one that I liked then paint them that way. There's a whole lot of different colors you could use"
- John was answering my question
- It wasn't exactly the answer I wanted
- It was most likely the answer I needed
Next up are my morticians. I'm going with a darker scheme, blacks, off-white, tan, and grey. I'm working on mimicking some of the other schemes which use green to yellow fading on the ribbons and other various bits in the team. I'm also grabbing any fabric edges and such as straight yellow. Overall I'm happy with how they look but they are not among my best painted models. They don't come together as nicely as the Brewers or Union models did, being a bit tougher to take on paint and color throughout the team. I'm hoping once I finish them up they'll look good on the table.