Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Looking Back

Now that a full year has passed since starting this project and blog, I am looking back on what I originally set out to do. When I started, one of the things I promised myself was a reward when I completed my project. The reward was to be a Forge World Eldar Titan for the army.

In my initial post, I detailed a list of what would be built. I want to go over a quick review and see what has been accomplished in the past year.

Original list was:
HQ
1 Avatar (Forgeworld)
*Complete* 1 Autarch with jump pack, mandi-blasters, fusion gun, Power weapon
1 Farseer with swords
3 Warlocks with swords

Elite
5 Firedragons plus 1 Exarch
4 Harliquins with Kisses plus 1 Shadow Seer plus 1 Troupe Master
*6 + 1 complete* 9 Howling Banshees plus 1 Exarch with mirror swords
9 Striking Scorpions plus 1 Exarch with Scorpion claw
*Complete* 5 Wraithguard

Troops
*Complete + Exarch* 9 Dire Avengers plus Exarch with Twin-Catapults
*Complete + Exarch* 9 Dire Avengers plus Exarch with Twin-Catapults
*WIP* 5 Pathfinders

Fast Attack
9 Swooping Hawks plus 1 Exarch with sunrifle
*Complete* 9 Warp Spiders plus 1 exarch with twin Spinners and Power blades

Heavy
4 Dark Reapers plus 1 Exarch with Tempest Launcher plus 1 Exarch with Shurican Cannon
*Complete* 2 Falcon Grav Tanks
1 Wraithlord with Sword and Bright Lance
3 War Walkers with Shurican Cannon and Scatter Laser

Misc
*1 complete* 3 Wave Serpent Grav Transports with Twin-linked Missile Launchers



So out of this list, I have made some changes. I have decided I have the following to complete before I start looking for the Titan:

HQ
1 Avatar (Forgeworld)
1 Farseer with swords
3 Warlocks with swords

Elite
5 Firedragons plus 1 Exarch
4 Harliquins with Kisses plus 1 Shadow Seer plus 1 Troupe Master
3 Howling Banshees plus 1 Exarch with mirror swords

Troops
6 Guardian Jetbikes (2 shurican cannon bikes)
5 Pathfinders

Heavy
4 Dark Reapers plus 1 Exarch with Tempest Launcher plus 1 Exarch with Shurican Cannon
1 Wraithlord with Magnetized Weapons
3 War Walkers with Magnetized Weapons

Misc
1 Wave Serpent Grav Transports with Magnetized Weapons

This still leaves me with a fair number of models to assemble and paint, along with at least 2 full squads (Scorpions and Swooping Hawks) still to acquire. I have also added to the original list, but I can work on those in the future. Specifically, I would like to have a full squad of Phoenix Lords to field the Apoc Formation Phoenix Court. I also figure I should assemble and paint at least 1 Vyper, as I have 2 or 3 of the kits now. Overall, I am confident on getting this done early this year so I can move on to my WHFB project. I am intimidated by my own plans for my Avatar, but I am confident that will work itself out.
blog comments powered by Disqus