Thursday, August 6, 2009

Lentrel Prime - Round 1 Week 1 Game 1

*Image from Deviant Art.


Tuesday I had my first game of the Lentrel Prime Campaign at the local GW store. I played an ork player (Ryan), who is building his army modeled on WazDakka and has named his army "Hell's highwaaaggh".

Rules and highlights for the campaign are here. My list for the game was:

List for the game:
@1000

HQ
Autarch (Mandiblasters, WJG, Power Weapon, Fusion Gun)

Elite

Troops
9x Dire Avengers
w/ Dire Avenger Exarch (Bladestorm, 2x Avenger SC)
w/ Wave Serpent (Spirit Stones, SCan, TL Bright Lances)
9x Dire Avengers
w/ Dire Avenger Exarch (Bladestorm, 2x Avenger SC)
w/ Wave Serpent (Spirit Stones, SCan, TL Missile Launchers)

Fast
9x Warpspiders
w/ Warp Spider Exarch (Withdraw, Powerblades, 2x Deathspinner)


His list was:
HQ:
Boss on bike

Troops
16x Ork Boyz w/ big shoota

16x Ork Boyz w/ big shoota

3x Bikes and Nob Bike w/ Power Klaw

3x Bikes and Nob Bike w/ Power Klaw

Elite
6x Nobs w/ Klaws and eavy Armor
Nob w/ Klaw, eavy Armor, and Waaagah Banner
Painboy w/ cybork body
Truck (Dedicated Transport) w/ Ram and red paint


The game went well overall. We had Dawn of War setup, with 2 turns of Night fight and a Seize Ground objective mission with 4 objectives. I started with 1 Serpent (Missiles) and 1 DA squad on the table, and got first turn. He started with his Boss in a unit of bikes, hidden in a building on the back side of his table, along with a second unit of bikes on the board at the mid-point. Objectives were scattered around the middle of the table, with 1 in a forest at the table mid-point (to my left), 1 in a building in the middle rear of my deployment, 1 in the middle of the board (in the open) and 1 in trees to my right, just over the line of his deployment zone.

The game was fairly straight forward. I scooted around the board and shot the serpents, aiming for his bikes moving toward me. My spiders came in and attacked 2 squads of boyz on the objective to my right. His nobs moved onto the board, lost their truck, and walked into the trees to my left to sit on that objective.

On the first turn I made my night-fight rolls and wiped out his entire bike squad minus the Nob. Over the next 2 turns I blew up the Nobz Truk and continued to be chased by the Nob on Bike. Finally, the Nob caught one of the serpents (Bright Lance) and actually scored a penetrating hit, causing it to explode. This left 7 Dire Avengers and the Exarch sitting near the ruin at the middle of the board (with the objective) staring at a Nob on Bike. I have to point out at this point that Ryan is a new player. I conducted my movement, shifting the DA toward the objective, then declared I would blade storm with that squad at the remaining Nob on Bike. Ryan looked at me and asked "Blade storm? Whats that, I am not familiar with Eldar." I took the time to play out my dice and explain how blade storm worked, and what the rolls were for shooting. It was fairly amusing to watch his reaction as he looked at that and then at the dice I Was laying out each turn for the Spiders. Ryan was a great sport and the game was very enjoyable, even after he learned the lesson about Eldar Torrent of Fire.

At the end of turn 5 I held the middle objective and the objective in the ruins on my side of the table. Ryan had 1 unit of boyz on bikes and his Boss remaining, hiding in the building at the back of the table. He also had his Nobz on foot in the trees on 1 objective, while my spiders were on the other side of the board, in trees, on the other objective. We rolled, and the game ended up continuing through not only turn 6 but also turn 7. Ryan did a good job (with some advice from me and another store player) of maneuvering his bikes and nobz to assure a tie game, contesting both objectives I held.

Overall, an excellent game and I believe Ryan learned a couple things. He is a good player and an excellent sport. He is a welcome addition to the hobby and the group that plays locally.

To Date Eldar Game Record: 2-8-3

As this is a campaign, the tie ended up with both of us keeping our "Catalysts" and each of us awarding a veteran skill to one unit. I chose my Wave Serpent with EML and rolled on the Veteran table. I ended up with a Serpent that now ignores Shaken results on the damage table. This will certainly make things interesting moving forward.

My son and I are headed out Friday to play more games. He has his orks and will get his first campaign games in while I will be hunting for a win, an elite or HQ catalyst, and additional veteran abilities.
blog comments powered by Disqus