Thursday, March 25, 2010

Off to Adepticon!!!

This has been a crazy week with several double posts per day. In an effort to slow that down and not step on my own posts, I scheduled this to release Thursday monring.

So, my intrepid readers, you should see this sometime after I am already on the road, driving to Adepticon. My faithful podcast co-host and I are taking the 10.5 hour cross country trek to the convention in Chicago and I, for one, and very excited! I have also successfully turned the 10.5 hours into 12 with a variety of food stops along the way.

So what are my plans at Adepticon you may ask? Well, let me share (even if you didn't ask). We should get into the hotel and checked in at some point between 8pm and 9p local time, and hopefully catch up with some of my local friends in the bar for food, drinks, and catching up.
Friday:
- I am in the 40K Combat patrol tournament in the morning
- I will be open for gaming and roving the vendor hall in the afternoon

Here is a quick look at the combat patrol list I am taking:


So, what do we have here? My list @400



Troops
7x Dire Avengers

w/ Dire Avenger Exarch (Defend, Shimmershield, Power Weapon)
3x Jetbikes (1x Shurican Cannon)
w/ Warlock on Jetbike (Destructor, Witch Blades)

Heavy
2x War Walkers's (ScatLsr, StarCan / ScatLsr, ScarLsr)

Saturday:
- Saturday morning (~8am) I will be at Lou Mitchell's for a Gamers Lounge Podcast Breakfast
- Saturday afternoon I will be haunting the Vendor hall, trying to nail down interviews with a variety of folk.
- Saturday late afternoon I will be playing in the Dice Like Thunder vs Gamers Lounge Podcast Host Challenge 40K game
- Saturday Night (~10pm) I will be at Hooters for Drinks and Wings night with the guys

Sunday:
- Sunday I will be taking part in the 40K Championship all day.
- Sunday evening I will be at the After-Con Poker Game and Mixer, playing cards

Here is a quick look at the Championship list I am taking:


So, what do we have here? My list @1850

HQ
Autarch (Mandiblasters, WJG, Power Weapon, Fusion Gun)
Farseer (Doom, Runes of Warding, Spear)

Elite
6x Fire Dragons
 w/ Fire Dragon Exarch (DBFlamer)
w/ Wave Serpent (Spirit Stones, SCan, TL ScatLsr)

Troops
8x Dire Avengers
w/ Dire Avenger Exarch (Bladestorm, 2x Avenger SC)
w/ Wave Serpent (Spirit Stones, SCan, TL Missile)
5x Dire Avengers
w/ Wave Serpent (Spirit Stones, SCan, TL Bright Lances)
5x Dire Avengers
w/ Wave Serpent (Spirit Stones, SCan, TL Bright Lances)
7x Rangers

Fast
7x Warpspiders
w/ Warp Spider Exarch (Powerblades, 2x Deathspinner)

Heavy
2x Fire Prism's (Spirit Stones, Holofield, TL ShuriCat)

Monday:
- I have the long drive home

I will have a lot to post when I return. Until then, wish me luck!

2 comments: