Saturday, May 12, 2012

Tournament Day!

Its here, and I am excited. The "IT" I am talking about is the King of NOVA tournament being held in Falls Church at Victory Comics today. I am excited as this will be the second 1v1 tournament I am playing in this year (after sleeping through my Adepticon qualifier). In fact, when this post goes live we should just be starting round 1.

So, what am I bringing? I have felt the hankering to get some Neverborn back on the table since just prior to Adepticon, and with my "Guild through Adepticon" commitment met, I am diving back in. For those who watch my gaming log (over there on the left) you will see I have not abandoned my guild crews, but have merely loosened the restrictions on what I am playing.

With that said, the tournament is single faction, flipped expanded strategies, unique schemes. This means I have to pick a faction going in, but can hire my crews tailored for whichever of the 13 Strategies I flip. The spanner henchman Lucidicide threw in the works here is that each player declares their master after flipping for strategies but before hiring the rest of their crew. This will make things interesting.

So, whats on the slate for today? With Neverborn being my declared faction I am going with something new and something reliable. While I still might bring out Max (Dreamer) at some point, I think I am going to go with Pandora for my reliable crew. I know she can be a bit filthy, but I got a game in last week with her and enjoyed the game. I have only really had her on the table once in the past several months, so it should be fun to get her playing for a bit. Here is my idea of the list.

Neverborn Crew - 30 - Scrap
Pandora -- 7 Pool
Primordial Magic [2ss]
Desperate Mercenary [2ss]
Insidious Madness [4ss]
Lelu [7ss]
Lilitu [7ss]
Terror Tot Nephilim [3ss]
Terror Tot Nephilim [3ss]
The list looks a bit "Filth Light", but its a fairly reliable list regardless of the strategy. Overall, I think it will serve me well as a go-to list. The twins work well together and the Tots can either sprint around for objectives or grab some blood and grow as necessary.

So that brings up the question, what is the new I am planning to trot out and try. Well, its really new to me and not really new for others. Here is my thought:

Neverborn Crew - 30 - Scrap
Zoraida, the Hag -- 6 Pool
Collodi [8ss]
Primordial Magic [2ss]
Marionette [2ss]
Marionette [2ss]
Marionette [2ss]
Stitched Together [5ss]
Stitched Together [5ss]
Wicked Doll [3ss]
I have not taken Zoraida out for a true spin yet, having only actually gotten her into exactly 1 game so far and that one being a loss. I also have not gotten Collodi onto the table more than a couple times. With that said, I actually like the new Zoraida model and figured it would not hurt to try her out. And Collodi is so good at specific missions such as plant evidence, destroy evidence, and treasure hunt that I figured it would be a good list to bring out.

I figure there will be a fair number of players ready to face down some Neverborn filth at the tournament, especially my local group. Dan is probably going to show up with Viktoria if he sticks to what I remember, and she always gives me fits. I am not sure what Mike will be playing, but he knows Neverborn inside out, so is always a challenge. Overall, I am really hoping that today is a fun day and I get in 3 solid games!

So, wish me luck and I will try and stay focused through my games. No better time to learn a new master than during a tournament, right?

I will try and grab some pictures and remember the battle reports to post some during the week.


blog comments powered by Disqus