Friday, December 3, 2010

Update Arrives

As promised, the update arrives with new pictures. I have "completed" one of my Nightspinners, along with actually getting the bulk of the Phoenix completed. I also am still working through photographing my eldar army with the new light-tent, and replacing some of the pictures I had previously. You should notice the blue background updating with additional frequency on the Flickr slide-show on the right.

Now, let me start with a quick definition on what "completed" is defined as, in relation to the night-spinner. I have been bouncing between 4 vehicles recently (Titan, Phoenix, 2x Nightspinners) and I noticed while I was photographing this that I had missed a couple things. I will be going back and adding some grey highlights to the vines on the tank, along with continuing to touch up the gems across all the vehicles. I have updated my gems on one of my wave-serpents and I think the schemes looks really good on vehicles. Its now a fairly stretched out projects to go update the scheme on all the vehicles in the army.

So, lets get to the pictures. Here are two shots of the Nightspinner:



I also wanted to show some of the updated pictures. Nothing has been touched up on these models, just the camera and light-tent are changed.









10 comments:

  1. the second farseer is my fav. great conversions, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That second farseer is pretty spiffy, but I prefer the sinister look of the warp spider exarch. I can't make out what the corpse is beneath the nightspinner though. Care to shed a little light on the subject?

    ReplyDelete
  3. /shock!

    Those poor Tau! Soon, sir. Soon. The Tau will have our revenge against these atrocities!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its actually a kroot with his legs blown off crawling over a rock out-crop. I have 6 tank bases that I use with magnetized stands, but will need to get more. The 2 nightspinners bring my skimmer tank total to 8! That's before adding any new Wave Serpents to the pool, which I will likely need at least 2 more of eventually.

    I will get some new pictures of the bases (minus tanks) up in a future batch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! Just to note, the 4 pictures in the middle are 2 view of the same Autarch, then 2 views of the same Farseer. I am actually happier with my other Farseer, but he was not in this batch of photo's. He will be coming in a future batch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking good Bill, keep up the good work. Can't wait to see the titan done - so I can blast it apart with my reaver =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Reaver can probably handle my titan with no issues at all. I am set-up for infantry killing with sonic lances, not titan killing. Then again, if I can knock out the multiple 4+ Holofield saves like the other day I could give you a run for your money!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the mods. I especially like your Avatar. I really like the Warp spider Exarch. I have Warithlord I am working on that has some similar death on the base, only its blood angels and space wolves.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the compliments! I will try and get my Wraithlord in with the next batch of new pictures.

    ReplyDelete