Friday, January 21, 2011

I give you, Max the Dreamer


I am not sure if I mentioned this before, or if I saved it for this post. If I did, skim ahead to the new information.

At the end of last year I decided to treat myself a bit and commission a project I had thought about for a while. After reading the story of the Dreamer and Lord Chompy Bits in the Malifaux book, I thought it would be very cool to have a model that looked like Max from Where the Wild Things Are to stand in as my Dreamer. I did some searching around, emailed with a couple commission sculptors out there, and settled on one I was happy with. I came to an agreement with Drew from Garden Ninja Studios for the sculpt, and after some discussion he set-off to work. Shortly after Thanksgiving my custom sculpted Max showed up on my door-step.






For those who are not familiar, The Dreamer and Lord Chompy bits are two models that function as a single master in Malifaux. To the right are pictures of what the released Wyrd Miniature of the Dreamer looks like, along with a picture of Lord Chompy Bits. As you can see, the Dreamer is a fairly straight forward little boy, and I think Max provides a very characterful replacement for him. I also think that Max will look great alongside the fairly monstrous (in so many ways along with size) LCB.

So that bourhgt me into the holiday season. As I have mentioned, my holiday plans did not gel as I had wished, and I did not get Max onto my painting table until just prior to the new year. I decided that he would be a priority, and chose his crew as my crew to be painted for the club Malifools monthly painting contest. I just completed painting him up yesterday, and am finally ready to show him off a bit. Here are some solo shots of Max.
























Now, in his crew the Dreamer also has 3 totems he can link, called Day Dreams. On the same day I painted up Max I completed painting his totems as well. Although the whole group is posted as the lead-in picture to this post, here is a close-up of the Day Dreams.




These were all a whole lot of fun to paint, and the twins fit well into their crew. Now to get LCB painted up, along with some of the other nightmare models and I can start practicing playing with the crew.
blog comments powered by Disqus