Monday, January 24, 2011

An Interesting look back

Wow, January 2, 2008 I started this blog. its a little over 3 years old now and I was doing some looking back at how things started. First off, to the left is one of the first pictures posted. It was not posted as a lead in to the article as it is now, but as part of the initial post.

Another thing struck me as pretty interesting, damn cool actually. So I recently put up a very long post that included a look at what I "Had NOT" accomplished for the Dead Tau Project. Well, on reflection I should also look at what I have accomplished compared to my goals 3 years ago. Lets see, back in the first post here is the list of what the entire Dead Tau Project would look like:

Quoted from my first post:

So the list I have so far is going to look something like this:

HQ
1 Avatar (Forgeworld)
1 Autarch with jump pack, mandi-blasters, fusion gun, Power weapon
1 Farseer with swords
3 Warlocks with swords

Elite
5 Firedragons plus 1 Exarch
4 Harliquins with Kisses plus 1 Shadow Seer plus 1 Troupe Master
9 Howling Banshees plus 1 Exarch with mirror swords
9 Striking Scorpions plus 1 Exarch with Scorpion claw
5 Wraithguard

Troops
9 Dire Avengers plus Exarch with Twin-Catapults
9 Dire Avengers plus Exarch with Twin-Catapults
5 Pathfinders

Fast Attack
9 Swooping Hawks plus 1 Exarch with sunrifle
9 Warp Spiders plus 1 exarch with twin Spinners and Power blades

Heavy
4 Dark Reapers plus 1 Exarch with Tempest Launcher plus 1 Exarch with Shurican Cannon
2 Falcon Grav Tanks
1 Wraithlord with Sword and Bright Lance
3 War Walkers with Shurican Cannon and Scatter Laser

Misc
3 Wave Serpent Grav Transports with Twin-linked Missile Launchers


Holy wow Batman! So from my original list the only thing I am missing currently are the Swooping Hawk Squad, 4 Harliquins, and 4 Striking Scorpions. Ok, color me surprised.

I guess the nice thing about this is this is really why I started the blog in the first place. While it has grown to more than my original hopes and goals, this is a great reminder of the fact I started the blog to track progress. Based on my initial humble goals, I think I have knocked this project way out of the park!
blog comments powered by Disqus